Saturday 6 December 2014

Blissful Bathrooms...

Calm relaxing Bohemian Bathroom
Kristin Perer's Bathroom. Anthology Issue No. 15.  Photographed by Catherine Gratwicke
Lauren and Chads Bohemian bathroom
Wooden bath pannel and tiled floor in this Ubud home
Claw Foot Bathtub in Ballyvolane House

Bath time has always been my chill out time at the end of a busy 12 hour shift at work. Lighting my candles, locking the door, climbing into the warm water and breathing a sigh of relief that I made it through the day/night....

......recently though my bath time has been Ernie singing rubber ducky, plastic bath toys and more than once having to jump out to dodge the baby sick... yummy! This is not relaxing but (apart from the latter), it is actually just as enjoyable....

However, when I go back to work in the Spring, and Alex is fully able to sit in the bath unsupported,  I am reclaiming my bath time and bathroom. To mark the occasion I am decorating. I have a huge secret board on Pinterest full of bathrooms that I am dreaming of relaxing in. I am sure the plastic bath toys are here to stay, and will in fact multiply, but some bath room cupboards will sort that little problem....

Cant wait!!


5 comments:

Unknown said...

That second last one is an absolute dream! I'm hoping to have plants EVERYWHERE in my bathroom when I move into a place of my own!
x Erin
louiseerin.blogspot.com.au

acyhoz said...

very unique thanks for the share. Honesly, I like all of them hehe

a c y h o z blog

Boho Mixology said...

bath time is the part of the evening I look forward to, its also my getaway/relax time. I could happily soak the evening away in any of the above.

Zoe xx

Sarah said...

Beautiful selection here. I love each and every one of them!

Anonymous said...

I love the first image!